Privacy & Security Statement
|Latest version: October 30, 2010.
This Privacy and Security Statement (“Privacy Statement”) applies to information collected by TheMedicalEntrepreneur.com (“THEMEDICALENTREPRENEUR”). THEMEDICALENTREPRENEUR is committed to protecting the privacy of its Customers (“Customers”). THEMEDICALENTREPRENEUR and the associated book, media, content and services are owned and operated by Nano 2.0 Business Press, LLC. We have created the following Privacy Statement to give you an overview of the type of information we collect, how the information is used and how the information is safeguarded.
Information is collected from customers by THEMEDICALENTREPRENEUR through the use of the THEMEDICALENTREPRENEUR website. This privacy statement applies only to information collected by THEMEDICALENTREPRENEUR. By visiting THEMEDICALENTREPRENEUR, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy and Security Notice.
• Please contact THEMEDICALENTREPRENEUR by email if you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact THEMEDICALENTREPRENEUR by email at E-Mail.
What information is collected?
• We collect information about our customers in one ways. In some cases we ask directly for information in order for customers to purchase products. This is called active collection and THEMEDICALENTREPRENEUR is the sole owner of the information collected on THEMEDICALENTREPRENEUR.com. This type of information includes:
• Order from, contact information such as name, mailing address, email address and phone number.
• Shipping or transaction information such as billing address and financial information such as credit card number and expiration date.
• Demographic information such as zip code.
• Information you may choose to enter in forms or optional surveys or contests.
• Information you may choose to add in connection with discussions on the site.
• Information from other sources. In order to personalize our service by providing better product recommendations, we may receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
Occasionally, THEMEDICALENTREPRENEUR may use third parties to provide services to you on behalf of THEMEDICALENTREPRENEUR, and in doing so they must set cookies on the site. For example, we may use a live Chat customer service function on our site. The Third party who allows us to bring this service to you sets a cookie so we can tell what pages of the site you have accessed in order to better respond to your question. If you reject this cookie, you cannot use the third party application. For information on how to have your browser disable cookies or provide a warning before accepting a cookie, please refer to the cookie options in your browser’s options or preferences menu.
How Does TheMedicalEntrepreneur use the information collected?
THEMEDICALENTREPRENEUR strives to strictly adhere to state, local and federal laws regarding the protection, archiving and preservation. In addition to the uses described elsewhere in this Privacy Statement, THEMEDICALENTREPRENEUR may use the information you provide in the following ways:
• To contact you about our products and services or about your use of our website. For example, customers may receive a welcome email, and newsletters
• For marketing and promotional purposes.
• For catalog mailings if you request a catalog.
• We do not use individually identifiable health information for marketing.
• To respond to your comments or requests.
• For billing purposes, to facilitate transactions and to fill orders.
How Does TheMedicalEntrepreneur communicate with customers?
THEMEDICALENTREPRENEUR would like to communicate with its customers when we have new products that may be of interest to you. Unless you opt out of communications, you may receive:
• Special offers and updates.
• Customer service.
• Refer a friend emails.
What information is shared with third parties?
• If you are a registered attendee at our symposium, then your email and contact information may be provided to the exhibitors that are exhibiting and sponsoring the symposium.
• Third party intermediaries. We may share your information with independent contractors, service providers and consultants who assist us in our business or in providing Customers with goods or services. Such service providers may include without limitation product suppliers in order to fulfill orders, credit card processing and shipping companies. However we will only share such personally identifiable information, as we deem necessary for them to carry out their obligations to THEMEDICALENTREPRENEUR. Third parties are obligated to only use and or disclose your personally identifiable information for the purpose for which THEMEDICALENTREPRENEUR disclosed the information to them and not other purpose.
• Business Transitions. In the event that THEMEDICALENTREPRENEUR goes through a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another company or selling a portion of it’s assets, Customers personal information generally is one of the transferred business assets.
• THEMEDICALENTREPRENEUR will also disclose personal information it has collected if necessary to fulfill your service obligation or if we are required to do so by law or if in our good faith judgment such action is reasonably necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, court order or legal process serverd on our web site, to respond to any claims or protect the rights of THEMEDICALENTREPRENEUR and it’s customers and the public.
The following outlines different types of security procedures THEMEDICALENTREPRENEUR has in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of the information collected.
• Identification and Authentication.
• Authorization and Access control.
• Data Confidentiality.
• Data Integrity and Retention.
• Data Management and Monitoring.
Please note that THEMEDICALENTREPRENEUR may offer links to other web sites but please be aware that THEMEDICALENTREPRENEUR is not responsible for the privacy practices of such linked sites, including the sites of our partners. We encourage our customers to be aware of this when they leave THEMEDICALENTREPRENEUR and to read pricy and security statements of every web site the collects personally identifiable information.
We do not sell products for purchase by children. We may sell children’s products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, then you may use our site only with involvement of a parent or guardian.
THEMEDICALENTREPRENEUR give customers the ability to opt out of receiving future communications from THEMEDICALENTREPRENEUR by replying to unsubscribe in the subject line via email at E-Mail. For example, customers may wish to opt out of having their information used for information directly related to THEMEDICALENTREPRENEUR’s products and services.
Accessing and changing information
To assure that the information collected is accurate and up to date, THEMEDICALENTREPRENEUR allows customers to edit and update their information through the THEMEDICALENTREPRENEUR web site. The web site allows customers to access and correct any inaccuracies in the information submitted online. Customers may also email THEMEDICALENTREPRENEUR, if they have questions or concerns about the accuracy of their information.
Notification of Changes
THEMEDICALENTREPRENEUR reserves the right to make changes tot the Privacy Statement at any time. If we plan to make significant changes to any of our privacy policies or practices with respect to how we use personally identifiable information, we will post those changes to this web site 30 days before they take effect. THEMEDICALENTREPRENEUR will post these changes on our web site so our customers are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. Please review our privacy statement periodically to see recent changes.
Addressing Privacy and Security Concerns:
Any questions about this statement or our web site or to receive a printed version of this statement, please contact us:
Privacy and Security
Nano 2.0 Business Press, LLC
230 George Bush Blvd
Delray Beach, FL 33444