Founder and President Advanced Dermatologic Care & Cancer Center 1994- present
Founder and President, The Medical Entrepreneur 2010- present
Co-Founder & Managing Member Aeronautics Leasing Companies:
Ktown Aeronautics, LLC, Avon Aviaion, LLC, Riverfront Aviation, LLC
Consultant & Principal Investigator- Medical Device Incubator company 2011-March 2012.
Consultant & Principal Investigator- Spectrophotoscopic company 2011- present
Principal Investigator – Various Ongoing Pharmaceutical Research 1994- Present.
Founder of Confirmatio, 2015.
Founder of StevenHacker, 2016.
PAST CORPORATE POSITIONS:
Founder, CEO & CMO- Skinstore.com 1997 (e-commerce company- acquired by Drugstore.com now owned by Walgreens)
Founder & CEO -PassportMD, Inc. 2005 (health & wellness software- acquired by Mediconnect-now owned by Verisk Analytics)
Past- Founder & CEO- Mobile Path Services, Inc.-2003 (Telemedicine & Telepathology company)
Past- Co-Founder & CMO of Dermdex, Inc.(The leading b2b exchange & web based services for dermatologists/plastic surgeons/ sold in 2001 to Salu Inc.)
Past consultant- L’Oreal 2001.
PAST AMERICAN ACADEMY OF DERMATOLOGY POSITIONS:
Advisor to AAD Committee on Practice Management (SERVED 2012-2013)
Editorial Advisory Board, PhysBizTech- Jan 2012- present.
Editorial Advisory Board, NewDermMD- March 2012- present
Diplomate, American Board of Dermatology 10/94, recertified 2001
10 YEAR RECERTIFICATION MARCH 2013
POST GRADUATE EDUCATION:
University of Florida & Shands Hospital, Dermatology Residency Program
University of Michigan Hospitals, Internal Medicine Residency Training (2 years)
M.D. University of Florida, Gainesville -
B.S., Interdisciplinary Basic Biological Medicine
University of Florida, Gainesville
Junior Honors Medical Program (1 of 12 selected from national pool of candidates)
University of Florida, Gainesville –
NOTABLE CONTINUING EDUCATION COURSES:
American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting, March 2013
The Medical Entrepreneur Symposium 2012,2013
Cosmetic Boot Camp Aspen 2011
South Beach Aesthetic Symposium 2010
Harvard Medical School Dept of Continuing Education
Member PostGraduate Association – 2007
Harvard Medical School Dept of Continuing Education
Course, Laser & Aesthetic Skin Therapy- 2007
1. Voted “Best Doctors In South Florida” by Fellow Physicians, Miami Metro Magazine 10/98
2. LISTED on web as a Castle Connolly, “Best Doctors in America”, “Best Doctors in Florida” 2000, 2002,2003,2004,2005, 2006,2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
3. “Best Doctors in South Florida”, Miami Metro Magazine 10/2000
4. One of twelve selected nationally to enter medical school early through prestigious Jr. Honors Medical Program at age of nineteen
5. Phi Beta Kappa
The Medical Entrepreneur Pearls, Pitfalls and Practical Business Advice for Doctors (Nano 2.0 Business Press 2010) A top selling book and Kindle (frequently in #1 or top Practice Management sector) on Amazon, Barnes & Noble in category of practice management.
1. Hacker SM: Axillary String Phlebitis in Pregnancy: A Variant of Mondor’s Disease. JAAD 30:636-638, l994
2. Hecker D, Hacker SM, Ramos-Caro FA: Transient Ectropion associated with Topical Fluorouracil. Cutis 52:137-138,1994.
3. Hacker SM, Flowers FP: Squamous Cell Carcinoma and Actinic Keratosis: A Review of Diagnosis an Management. Postgraduate Medicine 93(8):1 15-126, 1993.
4. Hacker SM, Ramos-Caro FA: Basal Cell Carcinoma: A Review of Diagnosis and Management. Postgraduat Medicine 93(8):101-111, 1993.
5. Hacker SM, Ramos-Caro F: An Unusual Presentation of Multiple Symmetric Lipomatosis. Int J Derm 32:594-597, 1993.
6. Hacker SM, Beers B, Ramos-Caro F, Flowers F: Juvenile Pseudoxanthoma Elasticum; Recognition an Management. Pediatric Dermatology 10(1): 19-25, 1993.
7. Hacker SM, Berkowitz M, Cody R: Porphyria Cutanea Tarda in a Patient with Hairy Cell Leukemia, Cuti
8. Hacker SM, Ramos-Caro F, Flowers F: Azathioprine in Dermatology. International Journal of Dermatolog
9. FordM. Smith K, CrokerB, Hacker SM, Flowers: Large Granular Lymphocytes within the epidermis of erythem multiforme lesions. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology 1992, 27(3):460-462.
10. Hacker SM, Rasmussen JE: The effect of Flashlamp pumped pulsed dye laser on Psoriasis. Archives c Dermatology 1992, 128:853-855.
11. Hacker SM, Flowers FP. Diligent Diagnosis: Reading the skin signs of hematologic disease and malignanc5 Modern Medicine 1994, 62(5):30-37.
12. Hacker SM, Flowers FP. Diligent Diagnosis: Identifying cutaneous manifestions of endocrine disease, an gastrointestinal diseases, Modern Medicine 62:28-36, 1994.
13. Hacker SM, flowers FP. Diligent Diagnosis: Identifying cutaneous manifestations of connective tissue diseas and GI disorders, part 3 of 3. Modern Medicine 63, 1999.
14. Hacker SM, Ford M: An Unusual Presentation: Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans on the Face. Int J Dern
1. Hacker SM, Stone K, Ford M, Flowers FP. The absence of anti-single stranded DNA antibodies in patients with vulvar LSA. Arch Derm, 1994, 130:1454-5.
1. Hacker SM: Common Infections of the skin. Postgraduate Medicine. 96(2):43-52, 1994.
1. Hacker SM, Knight B, Leiclitman AB, et al: Primary T-cell Lymphoma in the Renal Transplant Patient. Transplantation 1992, 53(3) :691-692.
1. Hacker SM, Williamson B, Lisco 5, Kure J, Shea M, Pitt B: Protein C Deficiency and Acute Myocardial Infarction in the Third Decade. American Journal of Cardiology 137-13 8, July 1, 1991.
1. Hacker SM, Lupus and the Skin. Lupus Lifeline, Fall 1994.
1. Hacker SM, Cutaneous Manifestations of Smoking. On Call - Journal of Palm Beach County Medical Society May, 1995.
1. Hacker SM, Harmful Effects of the Sun. Inside Magazine. Winter 1994-1995.
1. Hacker SM: Common Disorders of Pigmentation, CME Article. Postgraduate Medicine 99(6):77-186, 1996.
1. Hacker SM, Bisno Al, Rogten’SP. Today’s Strategies for Bacterial Skin Infection, Patient Care 31(6):78-95, 1997.
1. Hacker SM, Bisno Al, Rogten’SP. Today’s Strategies for Bacterial Skin Infection, Patient Care 31(6):78-95, in press, 1999.
1. Hacker SM, In house or outsourced billing, what to know to make a choice or change. Practical Dermatology May 2011 pp 37-39.
1. Hacker SM, In house or outsourced billing, what to know to make a choice or change. Practical Neurology Apr/May 2011 pp 40-50.
1. Hacker, SM, Private Practice is still Worthwhile. www.FiercePracticeManagement.com. April 12, 2011.
1. Hacker SM, Physician Employment Agreements Read the Fine Print. Student Doctor Network. www.Studentdoctor.net. April 3, 2011.
1. Hacker SM, Getting Ready for Private Practice. Student Doctor Network. www.Studentdoctor.net. Jan 16, 2011.
1. Hacker SM, Passion Powers Success. Medical Economics Vol 89 (1):24, 2012.
1. Hacker SM, Four tips for Entrepreneurs. Medical Economics Vol 89 (1):25, 2012.
1. Hacker SM, Deciphering Common Clauses in Physician Employment contracts. NewDermMD pp 14-19, March 2012
1. Hacker SM, Flowers FP. Common Bacterial Skin Infections. Current Practice of Medicine. Roger C. Bonc Editor, Churchill Livingstone, Inc. Chapter 2, Volume V, 2.1-2.8, 1996.
2. Hacker SM, Infections of Skin and Soft Tissue in Current Dia2nosis. 9th Edition. W.B. Saunders and Co Chapter in press.
3. Hacker SM, Flowers FP. Common Bacterial Infections of the Skin. Current Practice of Medicine. Jeffrey I Callen, Volume Editor, Volume 1 Dermatology, Current Medicine, 1995. Chapter 2, pg. 12-20, 1995.
4. E- Health, Telemedicine, Connected Health- The Next Wave of Medicine. Chapter : Is Telehealth a Realtity or Pipe Dream for the Private Practitioner? Bierbaum Publishing LLC, 2012.
Hacker SM, flowers FP: Pathophysiology & Treatment of Dermatoses, Module 2. Health Sciences Consortiun Chapel Hill, North Carolina, pg. 1-51, 1992.
Phi Beta Kappa
American Academy of Dermatology, Fellow
Noah Worcester Derm Society
American College of Physicians, Associate - 1989-1991
American Society of Laser Medicine and Surgery
American Society of Mohs Surgery
American Society of Dermatologic Surgery, Fellow
Florida Medical Association
Palm Beach County Medical Society
Palm Beach Derm Society
Florida Society of Dermatology
1. “The Physician Entrepreneur” American Academy of Dermatology Practice Management Course November 2012.
2. “What Physicians are Overlooking in their Practice?” Association of Dermatology Administrators & Managers. March 2013.
3. Adding Revenue to the Practice-The Medical Entrepreneur Symposium 2012
4. Evaluating Technology Solutions in the Office-The Medical Entrepreneur Symposium 2012
5. Pick The Jockey, Not The Horse when starting a company- The Medical Entrepreneur Symposium 2012
6. Basics of Marketing Math- The Medical Entrepreneur Symposium 2012
7. Palm Beach County Medical Society –Guest Speaker- Future of Medicine Summit II Oct 2008
8. TEPR (Toward Electronic Patient Records) Annual Meeting Ft. Lauderdale, May 2008
9. Enterprise Development Corporation- Panel of Expert Guest Speakers- April 24, 2008
10. YPO Regional Meeting, Guest Speaker 2002 “Recognizing signs of Skin Cancer”
11. North Broward Hospital District - General Topics/Office Medicine
5/95 - to Family Physicians: Common Dermatological Disorders
2. University of Florida Dermatology Grand Rounds - March 1995
3. Florida Society of Dermatology - Breakers, West Palm Beach
6/94 - PXE: Update of Recognition and Management
4. Family Practice ‘94 - Orlando, Hilton
6/94 - a. HSV Infection
b. Cancers of the Skin: A clinical approach to diagnosis
5. Florida State Department of Corrections - Gainesville Hilton
11/93 - Cutaneous Disease in the Correctional Population
6. Florida State Massage Association
2/94 - Cutaneous Disease in the Massage Population
7. University of Florida, Medical School
2/92, 4/92, 11/92 - a. Cutaneous Manifestations Internal Disease
last updated 040312